One of the great features of Etsy as a buyer is you can get accurate delivery times based on where you live. You can also get recommend products that ship to you.
But what happens when Etsy gets confused with where you live? this can be frustraiting, as everything gets thrown out of whack, and nothing on the site makes sense.
So, why does Etsy think your in a different country? There are two settings that Etsy use to determine what country they think your in. These are the “Region preference” and the “Deliver to” preference. Ensure these are set correctly and yo will find Etsy will understand where you are.
If you are suffering with this issue you’re in luck! Here are step-by-step guides on how to check, and change your region settings.
How to check and update your Region preference on Etsy
You will find your Region preference by following these steps:
- Go to Etsy.com and scroll to the bottom of the page
- You will see your currently selected Region, Language, and Currency
- If you want to change any of these just click the section
- A pop-up will show and you can change the Region by using the dropdown list and selecting the correct option
- You can also review the Language and Currency here too
- Once you are happy with the settings click Save
- If you want to undo the changes before saving simply click Cancel to undo
How to check and update your “Deliver To” country preference on Etsy
There are 2 places you can update the “Deliver to” setting. The search page (the one where you browse products and the filters on the left hand side) and each product listing page. Here is how you update it on each.
To update the “Deliver to” setting on the search page you need to:
- Go to any search page – either by using the search box at the top, or by selecting a category from the main navigation
- Ensure the filter options are showing on the left hand side
- Scroll down to the bottom of the filter section to the Deliver to setting
- If this is set the country you are in by using the dropdown list and selecting the correct option
- After selecting the value the search page will refresh and the Deliver to setting will be updated
To update the “Deliver to” setting on any product listing page you need to:
- Go to any product listing
- Find the Delivery and return policies section. This will be on the right hand side below the product description
- In this section find the Deliver to [Country Name] option. The country name will be the one Etsy thinks you are currently in
- To update this you need to select the small down arrow
- This will display the Country dropdown
- Find the correct country option, and once you select it the value will be updated
How Does The “Deliver To” Country Affect My Etsy Experience?
The “Deliver to” setting on Etsy is used to handle 2 things –
- to ensure you are only shown items where the seller has said they can deliver to
- to determine the estimated delivery date
If you have this set incorrectly you may find you are looking at items that can’t be shipped to you, and the delivery estimate will be inaccurate.
It is important to make sure these values are set as it will massively impact your experience on Etsy.
Having the incorrect country selected is a rare issue, and the vast majority of users will never encountr it. However if you are one of the unlucky few it can be massively frustrating.
If you find your Etsy search is filled with products that won’t deliver to your country, or if the suggested delivery estimate is for the wrong region simply follow the steps above.
You should find either the “Region preference” or the “Deliver to” setting is wrong. once this has been updated you will be able to use Etsy as normal again.