Reviews on Etsy are the lifeblood of any store. That is why as a buyer you need to provide feedback whenever you receive an excellent experience.
It can be tricky and time consuming though, especially when you can’t think of anything interesting to write. The ideal solution is to just leave the star review – I mean, who can be bothered to think of words when the 5 star review says it all, right?
So how do you leave Etsy review without writing? It is only possible to leave a review on Etsy with no words via the Etsy app. If you want to leave a review on your Etsy order on the website then a written review is required.
How To Leave a Review Without Text On Etsy?
You can only leave a review without text on the Etsy app. You can do this by taking the following steps:
1. On the Etsy app, sign in and tap You.
2. Go to Purchases and reviews.
3. Find the item you want to review.
4. Choose the star rating you want to give next to Review this item.
5. If you’re on the Etsy app, there is no word minimum.
6. If you left a five-star review, you can upload an optional picture.
7. Tap Submit.https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115013197687-How-to-Leave-a-Review-on-Etsy?segment=shopping
Why do I need to write a review on Etsy?
Reviews on Etsy serve multiple purposes. Firstly, its a great way to provide feedback to the seller. This can either be a 5 star review to give a well deserved pat on the back, or a slightly lower score with feedback on how to improve.
Secondly, reviews are get for other buyers and help them make their mind up. The more detail in the review the better. What was good? The quality of the product? The customer service? Or the delivery time? All of these matter to potential buyers, and other customer’s reviews are a great way to show it.
So why do I need to write a review on Etsy? The more detail in a review the better. Etsy encourages you to write in your review to give as much detail as possible.
Can guests leave reviews on Etsy?
No, currently users who purchase as guests cannot leave reviews on Etsy.
If you have purchased on Etsy as a guest, but do want to leave a review you will need to create a full account with the email address you checked out with.
You can find full instructions on how to do that here:
1. Open your email inbox.
2. Locate the email receipt you received when you placed your order. This email is sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Select View your order.
4. Follow the steps to sign in or create an Etsy account. The account you link your guest order to must have the same email address that you used for your guest order. Your order is automatically connected to your Etsy account.
5. Once you’ve claimed your order, you can choose that order and contact the seller for help.https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115015565027-I-Can-t-Claim-an-Order-I-Made-as-a-Guest?segment=shopping
Can you review anonymously on Etsy?
No, it is not possible to review an item anonymously on Etsy. All reviews are listed under the product and will include:
- your username
- your star review out of 5 – plus any text and pictures
- the item purchased
Leaving a review without words on Etsy is only possible via the Etsy app. You can follow the instructions above on how to do this.
If you do leave a review I highly recommend leaving a small message if you have time. It really helps the sellers, as well as any potential buyers.